Monday, April 11, 2011

Moorhead Monday: City Council Loves Liberty!

Well, maybe not quite yet. Here's my statement regarding an ordinance to repeal a part of the city code relating to tattoos, body art and body piercing.

I have to admit I got really excited when I saw this item on the agenda. Of course, I was quickly disappointed once I realized that even in repealing this ordinance, freedom was not advanced. We were simply relinquishing control to the State of Minnesota. Unfortunately, since we don't have the qualified staff to administer an amended ordinance that meets the state standard, I will grudgingly support this. My hope is that in repealing our ordinance, the state will do the same one day soon allowing these customers and merchants to freely conduct transactions without government interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment